CEBM Christmas Statistics Puzzle
December 17, 2014
By Dr. Bethany Shinkins (with help from her little elves)
Use the following clues to help you find all ten EBM statistics-related words:
- On Christmas day, presents are normally ________ .
- Scrooge is well known for being particularly _______ at this time of year. Bah humbug!
- For Turkeys, December is all about _______.
- Where you go to choose and cut down you Christmas tree (hint: it’s a type of graph).
- ‘Christmas holiday ______ ‘: The phenomenon of fully-grown adults returning to their childhood homes for Christmas and spontaneously turning back into adolescents.
- When selecting who gets to open the first present on Christmas day, the only fair way to do this is to use _______ .
- People tend to spend more time shopping when it’s cold. This is a classic example of the statement: _______ not imply causation.
- There’s always a ______ that Father Christmas will get stuck up the chimney if he eats too mince pies!
- In last year’s Christmas edition of the BMJ, the survival times for quality street and roses chocolates were compared using a _______ _____
- You’ll definitely need some of this when dealing with the in-laws over the Christmas holidays (hint: think diagnosis).